World EOD Foundation
The World EOD Foundation is a centre of influence and excellence providing an international
hub around which members can gather to promote the Foundation’s aims.
The aims of the Foundation
1) To enhance public safety through the collection, exchange and dissemination of
information, techniques and technology relating to the rendering safe, clearance
and disposal of explosive devices and other materiel emanating from armed conflict,
terrorism or crime.
2) The advance of technical training and education of authorised persons at appropriate
levels charged with disarming explosive devices or with the large scale demilitarization
of warlike munitions, explosives, chemical or biological agents. The promotion of
technical research into new equipments and methodologies involving EOD, IEDD, BAC,
CBRN and related counter terrorist and criminal issues
3) The promotion of techniques and methods in the investigation of all crime involving
the use of explosives and materiel, their theft and illegal trafficking.
4) The relief of persons injured by explosive devices through assistance with medical
care and treatment. Promoting research into blast injury, trauma and burns.
5) To improve methods of operation, devise and promote safer working practices and
encourage developments in protective clothing.
The World EOD Foundation was formalised as UK Registered Charity in 1995 and as
such has implemented training programmes, conducted surveys and convened conferences
and other events around the world.
The World EOD Foundation is a secure, professional resource for information, international
co-operation and the exchange of common experience.
Registered UK Charity Number 1062814